Establishing Balance to Create Inner & Outer Harmony

I feel that one of the most important things one could learn to master in life is The Art of Balance.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to posses the ability to divide your time evenly between your own personal pleasure and well-being, work and family?

Iyanla Vanzant wrote a wonderful piece on the principle of balance in her book One day My Soul Just Opened Up.  In her commentary, she says that you should Honor your life with balance, and I love the way she put this, BE in proportion, one thing to another; arrange your life so that one set of elements equals another (I paraphrased - lol), but that sounds like a dream.  However, we are here to bring heaven on earth, in whatever way that would look and feel to us and this is something I truly desire to have.  After reading her commentary on balance, she asks you to do a little journaling, explaining what you have realized about yourself and what phrases from the commentary you would choose to remember and work with throughout your day.  Then she gives a morning affirmation to read, before you begin your daily activities and a night journal writing to express how you had celebrated creating balance during the course of your day, where you had found difficulty in achieving your desired level of balance and where you felt out of balance, as well.  I think that is a wonderful principle to practice.  Her book is a 40 day process.  I have already read the book in entirety a few years ago and I can't even begin to explain the transformation and exhilarating experience this process caused me.  This should have been a day 1 process for me, instead of a day 35.  

If you are considering purchasing this book, I highly recommend it.  I recommend that after getting the book, you perform the process for the prescribed 40 days as she advised, so that you get a real sense of where you are emotionally and spiritually and whether these aspects are congruent with you physically and mentally.  Then go back and work on the principles you would like to make a part of your life.  Please read the book from cover to cover.  I know that some people don't like to read the introductions of reference books, but to truly understand the strong principles she has laid out, you will have to read hers - Or as she would put it, if you say you want to do the work, you have to do the work.

Click Here to see more on how I utilized this wonderful resource in daily my spiritual practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, for engaging in my blog. I look forward to your return.